Relationship Counseling The Village
Individual and family counseling are therapy focused on more specific therapeutic activities, at Evanescence Counseling. Whereas, relationship counseling is directed towards the relational interactions and communications of two distinct individuals. We are often asked by The Village clients, does relationship counselling work? What are the likelihood counseling sessions save a marriage that is illustrated by constant negative arguing? The truth, it takes two to make a relationship work, both parties must be willing participants. What if the couple already despises each other’s company? That is up to the willingness of both parties. The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists report a 98 percent success rate in terms of satisfied couples who attend relationship counseling sessions. Open-mindedness is the recommended suggestion, for starting with relationship counseling. Additionally, a willingness to listen to the other partner. Aside from those two big success driving factors, there are four other lessons that are apparent among the couples studied.
- The first few visits are informational – Major conflict should not be expected. Therefore, stay open minded. A simple question and answer session will allow the counselor to ask both partners to explain their history. This important step allows for the establishment of a counseling foundation.
- It’s not all about “Uh huh” and “Tell me why you feel that way.” – this is a time to dig deep and open up to your partner.
- This is not about he said, she said. – No winner is present in a game of he said, she said. We do not recommend blaming and victimization.
- Relationship counselling is focused on developing a new relationship with each other and not continuing on with the current status quo.
The Village, OK couples and relationship partners have come to trust in the effective process set forth in the exceptional relationship counseling offered by Evanescence Counseling.
What are the chief reasons of strife in The Village, OK relationships?
The common almost certain cause are disagreements regarding sex and money. Conflicts over these issues become especially intense, even leading to divorce. Couples and partners tend to argue about other issues that can put a strain on a relationship. Relationship counseling can address and even help resolve the differences.
- Career Versus Family Commitment
- Loss of Romance or Passion
- Household Chores
- Communication Styles
- Child Care
- In-laws and Extended Family
- Anger Management Issues
- Substance Abuse Issues
Evanescence Counseling is focused and will be non-judgmental and unbiased towards the outcome of relationship counseling. Absolutely, you get out of relationship counseling what you put in it. If you and your partner are committed and work hard work in, and between, sessions, it will result in a deeper, satisfying relationship than ever envisioned. Upon reaching your goals, we recommend touching base with the therapist on a regular basis. Staying on track and focused is imperative.
On the other side, some relationships, are unhealthy. Couples grow apart over time to where they no longer share the same beliefs, attitudes, or basic life goals. In these unfortunate situations, relationship counseling helps the couple part ways as serenely as possible, while learning from the conflict. The result of your relationship counseling is up to you and your partner, either positively or negatively.
If you would like to book an appointment, or have further questions, please call Evanescence Counseling at (405)