Relationship Counseling Edmond
Individual and family counseling are therapy focused on more specific therapeutic activities, at Evanescence Counseling. Whereas, relationship counseling is directed towards the relational interactions of two distinct individuals. We are often asked by Edmond clients, does relationship counselling actually work? What are the possibilities counseling sessions save a marriage that is characterized by constant negative arguing? The truth of the matter is it takes two to make a relationship work, both parties must be willing participants. What if the couple already despises each other’s company? The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists report a 98 percent success rate in terms of satisfied couples who attend relationship counseling sessions. Open-mindedness is the overwhelming recommended suggestion, for starting with relationship counseling. Additionally, a willingness to listen to the other partner. Aside from those two big success driving factors, there are four additional lessons that are apparent among the couples studied.
- This is not about he said, she said. – No winner is present in a game of he said, she said. We do not recommend blaming and victimization.
- The first few visits are informational – Major conflict should not be expected. Therefore, stay open minded. A simple question and answer session will allow the counselor to ask both partners to explain their history. This important step allows for the establishment of a counseling foundation.
- It’s not all about “Uh huh” and “Tell me why you feel that way.” – this is a time to dig deep and open up to your partner.
- Relationship counselling is focused on developing a new relationship with each other and not continuing on with the current status quo.
Edmond, OK couples and relationship partners have come to trust in the effective process set forth in the exceptional relationship counseling provided by Evanescence Counseling.
What are the chief causes of strife in Edmond, OK relationships?
The common almost certain cause are disagreements regarding sex and money. Conflicts over these issues become especially intense, even leading to divorce. Couples and partners tend to argue about other issues that can put a strain on a relationship. Relationship counseling can address and even help resolve the differences.
- Communication Styles
- Child Care
- In-laws and Extended Family
- Career Versus Family Commitment
- Loss of Romance or Passion
- Household Chores
- Anger Management Issues
- Substance Abuse Issues
Evanescence Counseling is focused and will be non-judgmental and unbiased towards the outcome of relationship counseling. It is true, you get out of relationship counseling what you put in it. If you and your partner are committed and work hard work in, and between, sessions, it will lead to a deeper, satisfying relationship than ever imagined. Upon reaching your goals, we recommend touching base with the therapist on a regular basis. Staying on track and focused is vital.
On the flip side, some relationships, are unhealthy. Other relationships, couples grow apart over time to where they no longer share the same beliefs, attitudes, or basic life goals. In these unfortunate situations, relationship counseling helps the couple part ways as peacefully as possible, while learning from the struggle. The result of your relationship counseling is up to you and your partner, either positively or negatively.
If you would like to book an appointment, or have further questions, please call Evanescence Counseling at (405) 367-9190, or contact us via this website.